Here is my short guide to help you understand how it’s done – building an online store .
1. Decide on a name for your store and check if the domain is available for registration. if it does you can register it at godaddy or any other registrar
2. Decide if you want to pay for an online store package or build one yourself, in case you have decided go for an online store package order one – check that it includes hosting. if you want to build one yourself there are some free scripts like oscommerce etc..
You can pay for an store script that you can install by yourself. i like Interspire cart – its great don’t forget that for the second choice you need to order hosting – you can do it at hostgator or godaddy – I prefer hostgator – their GUI is faster.
3. After you finished building your store you need to choose how you are going to get buyers – traffic
- PPC traffic – paid traffic by adwords etc…
- SEO traffic – free traffic by optimizing your store for search engines
- pay someone reliable to do it for you – find a professional to help you get traffic to your site
I hope it helps.